Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Popcorn time!

So I was in the mood for some tonight.  I'm working on perfecting my stove top popping technique.   It's so much cheaper than microwave popcorn and it taste better in my opinion than air popped popcorn.  I remember my parents cooking it this way when I was younger... before we started getting the microwave kind. We always used the same pot and in my head it was always the popcorn pan after that.  I can still remember the popcorn pushing up the top of the pot as it finished popping. :)
Here's how I make it:
Ingredients
Ingredients: Popping corn, vegetable oil, butter flavored popcorn seasoning, and cayenne pepper (for a kick)

I pour just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and add a couple of kernels. Heat on medium high. Once those pop you know its hot enough for you to add the rest. 
Sorry for the blur but you get the idea

I add just enough popcorn for it to be a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Then I cover, but tilt it to let out any steam.


I give the pot a little shake and shimmy every now and then especially when it starts popping. Listen to the popping, when it slows down take it off of the heat. 


I sprinkle some popcorn seasoning on it, usually butter flavored.  Lately I've been adding some cayenne pepper to kick it up.  In the past I've added some garlic pepper.  Its yummy either way!! :)  You can add whatever flavors you like.  Its fun to mix it up.  Put some taco seasoning on the popcorn and then you can have some taco popcorn. So I just season it as i feel like it and then I have some delicious popcorn!! :) Takes maybe 10 min max, probably less than that.  The longest part is waiting for the oil to heat up. 
Yum Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment