Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's for Dinner?

SooOo on the way home tonight from work I was racking my brain about what I should make for dinner.  I knew we didn't have much at the house so I would have to be creative.  Mr. B had bought some artichoke hearts in a can randomly a while ago. They've been sitting in the cabinet ever since, so I wanted to try to use them. Last night I baked so chicken drum sticks and we had some of those left over.  And we always have some pasta.  Then I came to thinking maybe I could try to make a pasta dish out of chicken and artichoke dip, cause that's all i could think of to do with the artichokes.  I checked the fridge and we had about half a thing of cream cheese.  So I figured with those basic things I could whip it up!  I've never made artichoke dip before so I quickly googled it to get and idea of it.
So here's what I did.  I got some pasta boiling, about half a box of penne.  (actually I thought I had put the pot on to start boiling, however after googling the dip I walked into the kitchen with the back burner blazing red hot and the pot of water freezing cold... oh well)  I put some olive oil and a bunch of garlic ( cant have enough garlic) in a pot to start cooking.  Then I grabbed two drumsticks and got them meat off of them and added that to the garlic and olive oil.  Then I added the about half a package of cream cheese, about a table spoon of mayo,  a handful of Parmesan cheese, sprinkle of garlic pepper and mixed it all up!  Oooh and i found a frozen hunk of freezer burned mozzarella cheese in the freezer and added that too and  VOILA! Deliciousness!!! :) :)  Hot chicken and artichoke dip with pasta! Yum!

Hot Artichoke and Chicken Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment